Saturday 3 December 2011

Protective Me

 Gayatri 's post  "The Monkey" reminded me of a forgotten story. Thought I will share it. Hope you find it a interesting read.

We are a big family .A family of 6. I have an elder sis, younger sis and youngest of all, my brother. Even though I am very attached to my siblings and always protective. But I'm super duper protective about my younger sis in particular.

Our family was attending our aunt's wedding. Marriage Hall is behind our relative's house, Its a 10 minutes walk from their house, but there is a short cut to the venue, all we got to do was jump the compound wall and in 2 minutes we will be there. Usually in weddings elders are busy to mind their kids, cause they have to take care of various customs and stuff. so all the kids form a group and play .


We - my sister and I  were 7 and 5 befriended few naughty kids who told us about this short cut. I was always a protective sis , didn't encourage it much but my sis loves adventure. She loves jumping and I couldn't allow her to do it alone.I have sentimental story behind it. So I accompanied her,  we used the short cut to go the venue with the rest of the kids and it was fun. My mom asked us to get something , so we had to go back to the house,we  decided to take the short cut. We climbed the compound wall successfully , went in to the house ,searched for stuff mom asked us to get and we decided to take the same route again.



We reached the compound wall. I asked my sister to climb first as I wanted to make sure she is ok and I was waiting for her to jump.Near the compound wall there is a huge Amla  (gooseberry) tree. And there were 2 monkey's sitting on the tree. None of us observed them all this while. My sister saw them starring at us and she was scared to jump. neither she was getting down nor she was jumping the wall. Looking at the her for a minute I didn't know what to do.

I was scared too.For one minute I was frightened and worried about my sis, I was almost in a verge of peeing in my pants.  But I quickly decided to climb the wall.only thing I had in mind was to save her. I got on to the wall pushed my sister to the other side of the compound. Seeing that both monkey 's got alert. and one of it was about to attack us. I quickly jumped by then one of the monkey pounced on me and scratched me..



This is not the only incident where I got into a trouble for saving my sis. She would get into fights with my brother and then she would call me for help.Without thinking of the out come I used to get into those fights to save her, took blame for her.. and what not....Must be wondering why am I so protective. When I was a kid my parents told me that they were not able get her polio drops and she should be taken extra care. This got into my head and got stuck till I was 20.Now I got so used to the concept that I love being protective. I wish I can protect you meri choti pari from every bad person and every bad thing in this world. Love u xoxox your gudi.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out :)

    This is such a sweet post. I'm fiercely protective about my younger sister too. She's 7 yrs younger than me so I'll always think of her as a little kid, even when she's 50! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ gayatri.. you are welcome.. I guess it happens mostly with sisters. My brother refuses to get treated as a kid. Instead he is over protective about us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha..Tht's a funny story..So sweet that you put your sister ahead of yourself even when your were little..I know the 'polio story' is one of the reasons but even otherwise I think you would have made a good big sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @natasha thank you babe.. I think its there in my blood .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its such a sweet post... my sister is only a year and half younger then me so we are more like friends but I am protective of my 9 years younger kid brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @dimple..this was an excellent post. v funny! loved the monkey story! but didn't expect that u will be hurt by the monkey..
    i also always imagined wat it wud be to have a younger sibling..but i am the younger and got bullied happily:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @purvi.. we are 3 sisters with 2 years difference. We have such fine tuning. Sometimes we just say the same thing at the same time. and end up singing we are family .. I got all my sisters with me :D And I have a younger brother. But he hates when we try to pamper him..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @nitsvitz.. thank u . Being youngest has its own benefits.. Yup u will be bullied but u ll remain everyone's sweetheart for the rest of ur life. And ur mistakes will be forgiven easily ,because u are younger.. :D My dad still does that with his youngest sister.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D