Saturday 17 December 2011

Cant buy me style... (Guest Post by Chicklogger)


This is the first time I am hosting a guest post on my Blog. What a great way to start it with someone who introduced me to Blog world... Its an immense pleasure to introduce (btw who needs no introduction as she is very popular in her little way on Blog sphere) My dear friend Chicklogger .  She cute and petite and has an awesome sense of style. Very loving and caring and has a heart of gold. She is a supporter, a good friend, an ardent listener.  She is known for her cute and witty writing.  I love her take on life with little gloss and humor. Here are her few words of Gyan (wisdom) on fashion and style.

Babe thank you for obliging ( I know I am being formal ) :P


This is my very first guest post...woohoo..Thanks sweety for picking me to do this on your blog and also thanks for stressing me out ..Phew..It is tough to pick a topic to write about when you are doing a guest post! I mean, on your own blog, you write whatever you want and get away with it. But this is huge! You need to live up to the name :)

So, Dimple asked me to write about anything that comes to my mind and here goes.   The difference between fashion and style. It is almost like the difference between hearing and listening, in that, both mean something similar , yet completely different. To me, anyone (especially people with a lot of moolah) can be fashionable ( I mean, there are people whom even money can't help :p) , but not everyone can be stylish.

Style is creating your own 'fashion' with what is available in your closet. Fashion is all about going out and buying things that are readily put together and just wearing them. To me, Kim Kardashian is fashionable, sure, she sports the animal print at the right time, wears the nude pumps at the right time, does the neon nail color trend, but , strip her of all that  and put her on a limited budget of a normal average person, I don't think she will hold up. And take Jennifer Aniston or Michelle obama, to me, they are stylish . When I look at them , I know they will work their style like nobody's business, if you ask them to pick an outfit at Target.  And that is where the difference between style and fashion comes in.



Leopard print is 'in' and that is by Vera Wang  and so is the designer bebe jeans , but who do you think is timeless?!

It is not about the money, it is about your individuality. I feel American women are fashionable but European women are stylish. They have limited, but timeless outfits in their wardrobe. You can't 'buy' style.

Fashion is temporary, style is timeless. Fashion is cropped Tees , style is classic , fitted white Tee . Fashion is hair highlights, style is well-maintained hair. Fashion is over-the-knee boots and style is a good pair of leather boots. Fashion is leopard pumps , style is a pair of sexy black pumps. Fashion is glitter on your nails, style is well-manicured nails. It is ok to keep track of what's in and what's out but 'style' is not to let that take over your life and obssess over buying every single thing that is 'in'. It is about picking things that works with your body shape, skin tone  and your personality.   Oh well..I could go on and on..

But I will finish it with this ...Stay stylish and do not follow the trends and that is all that matters! It is good for you and your wallet ;) 



9 comments:

  1. Thats a perfect way to highlight the difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @natasha ....Thanks a ton for an interesting post Yeah true style is like forever . fashion costs bucks.For me jennifer aniston is very stylish. She holds a special place in my heart not because she is my fav character in FRIENDS but also because I share my birthday with her :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't have said it any better! very well distinguished. You can't 'buy' style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Purvi, Tanvi and chandana :)

    And Dimpy- I din't know you share your b'day with Jennifer aniston..I knew there was something special about you ;) :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Fashion is temporary, style is timeless!" - PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! Fashion fades, style never will!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D