Monday 28 November 2011

An emotional scene in my house (Jumped out from Ektha's hindi serial)

I am going through my most  tough phase of life, which a girl faces when is she above marriage age. This Sunday was such an emotional Roller-coaster ride . I had a huge fight with my family on Saturday night. I almost took an oath that I ll never get married. As you know that Iam suffering with Glebntried syndrome and now I am almost friend less and I am forced to live with my mom for groom hunt. The pressure is equal on my parents as well as me. You will not believe few of these so called " Aunties " in church ask me taunt me like those aunties in bad Hindi serials with a wicked background music, spitting venom but smiling, almost shooting poisonous arrows non stop . I have to confess I seriously have a problem I cant handle taunts. I have to give it back with compound interest. But I control myself and give them a fake smile and move on "only because its church" pls note the "".



I have people suggesting my parents alliance which I  prefer not even mentioning it, But what the heck. Alliances from village, 15, 000 monthly salary, Some government clerk, and what not , Which actually gets my blood boiling, even though knowing that I am  a well educated modern girl, who earns decent enough , lives in a metropolitan, who has never been to a village . These are at least decent ones to even tell. They suggest all this because they feel that the world is going to end if I dont get married.

I don't care what they say. As long they don't say anything about my parents. But I seriously get ticked off when they talk anything about my family...Yeah I agree I'm more of a Karan Johar's  version of a agyakari beti  (obedient daughter) something on the lines of Kabhi kushi kabhi gham... (Its all about loving my family) with aa aa aaaa in the background.What to do Iam an Aquarian the emotional one.




My parents listen to all this crap. I know poor them. But my problem is why do they listen to all this crap feel bad and then tell me.I want them to give it back right then and there. But they wont. They prefer to suffer like the poor Ma- Baap in the melodramatic Hindi serials .. Grrrrrrr . This time our English argument ( Yeah that's my dad's observation that I only argue in English ) lead to an emotional outburst. I decided to leave and go stay alone in an unknown place (back ground score tatada.... tatadaaaa....) In that anger I even packed my bag .. which included my shampoo , conditioner, straightener and everything. But then it was too late , So I postponed my idea of leaving to the next day. So I went back to my room banged the door , locked it and cried.

I felt the whole world is against me which includes my parents , when my eyes were downloading tons and tons of salted water my brain was working like super fast computer with a Intel processor  3.26 GHZ deciding where to go, what to do. I even decided my saving plan and finally adopting a girl baby.(this was my dream since I was 14 adopting a girl child).

I cried so much that I slept like a baby. When I got up in the morning and I saw no one was in the house and every one left to church. Thoughts of last night still fresh in mind, I tried to cry, but no tears . Then I remembered that it was my Dad's birthday . But I was angry so I decided not to wish him. Went back to sleep. By then it was afternoon. After few mins my mom came knocking the door. I tried not listen , but then she didnt give up. I opened the door. She was holding a plate with food and tears in her eyes. yes yes its true .I am not telling a scene from some stupid Telugu movie.

After 20 mins of samajana, behlana and puslana. I gave up. My plans of leaving the house , staying single, adopting a child everything evaporated like a vapor in the air. You will not believe with in 10 mins I called my Dad wished him on his birthday. And in 2 hours mom was suggesting me to go for a facial because some marraige broker is coming to see me and take my pics. Like a bhais ( bufallo) I was nodding my head. Ahem I would call myself obedient daughter with the back ground score running my head aa aa aaaa kabhi kushi kabhi gham... : D

11 comments:

  1. Laughed out loud at you packing shampoo, conditioner and straightener and everything!! I bet I would have had tht on my packing list too if I was running away rm home ;p Well, All's well that ends well :) Good that you wished dad on his birthday :) You are a good, good daughter :) Amd also, when we talk, do tell me all about the broker and the facial :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually when I look back ,I could stop laughing.. What was I thinking...May be I am PMSing.. seriously funny..Thank you for reiterating that I am good babe.. xxxx
    broker guy is yet to come.. But i would love to tell u the complete story with the special effects... :)
    and I am looking forward to see the pics of your trip...
    love to ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. very funny post. rib tickling.. and the special effects are really funny. Dont you worry! every girl has to through this phase and the drama part is obvious. I have faced it too. Auntyji's are meant for this kind of sarcastic taunts.. Relax... :-D Be as usual karan johar's version of beti.. All will be well soon.. All the best for ur groom hunting !! Richa Mishra

    ReplyDelete
  4. @richa that's so sweet of u.. It's so comforting.. Thanks a ton :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope there's no more drama for a while. You know marriage is a very personal thing and you should only take that step once you're ready. People in society have nothing better to do so they talk. Don't let it bother you. And you have a dream to adopt a little girl? That is so so so sweet :)

    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you must be going through but this post really made me laugh!!!
    My parents are itching to begin the search for a perfect groom for me.. but they are scared of the tantrums i'll throw 'coz I am not at all ready for marriage now! I agree with what Gayatri said... Marriage is something you need to be ready for. And if takes one or two years more than the so called 'correct age' so be it.
    Hope everything goes well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ gayatri.. Yup after that huge drama I don't think there will be any drama for a while..wahi tho kuch to log kahange, logon ki baat hai kehna.. Yeah adopting a baby girl is my dream.I hope i will adopt one day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @TheGirlAtFirstAvenue yup keeping my fingers crossed.. Hope and wishing that you should avoid all this drama.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey this was really bitter sweet:) very touching. you are very honest. v few ppl can speak out like u. it's an asset!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @nitsvitz thank you . I'm not able to say anything. because I'm speechless with ur kind appreciation. Thanks once again :D

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D