Wednesday 3 November 2010

Mom says I need a break

Recently I was on the phone with MOM . Usual daily chat... We are talking as usual for a long time then my Mom said that I never heard her saying ....... "she needed a BREAK".

All my life I have taken break almost every year sometimes even after 6 months once. I heard it from my sisters, my brother and even my Dad sometimes. But this is the First time she said something like this. And I was actually surprised to hear it.


My mom was the only daughter in her family she was pampered and was treated as a princess. But life took a unexpected turn when her father passed away.With in an year when she was 21 she got married and with in 17 days of her marriage her mom passed away and by the end of her first year of her marriage she even gave birth to her first born.. Life had been quite busy for her giving birth to 4 kids and working in a government sector no not as a teacher but in an office in a responsible position where they hardly have any leaves except for 12 public holidays . She was always busy juggling between work and family. She was successful in maintaining a perfect balance.

She was always there with her remedies even for our small fights at school to our difficult problems at work. When ever there is or was a problem we always turn to her.Sometimes it would from 1 of us and sometimes all five of us have problems at the same time and she being a perfect mom and wife would give solution or give us a shoulder to cry, or kneel before God crying and pleading for us. I sometime wonder how does she take so much pain . where does she get all that strength to carry on. And never get tried . May be thats why they call Mother is another form of God like the saying "God could not be everywhere and therefore He made Mom's is so true.When I heard her saying that she wanted a break I decided to give her the much needed break she deserves. So I asked her to come and stay with us at Chennai for a week.

As planned she came along with her came my Dad and brother . So I had little extra work to do. But it was ok. After all these years of toil I planned to give her a perfect break. First day was ok. but from second day my mom slowly started helping me. Initially it was cutting vegetables. And on the third day she started cooking, now cleaning vessels.Still I tried keeping her away from work and Just then I thought I have completed all household work like cleaning and cooking and sit down to relax I ll find my mom doing some new chores . Oh God!!! She is restless I thought.. But later did I realize that MOM's are so used to taking care of us that even when their body gives up, still there heart wants to do something or the other for her loved ones. Oh Mom!!! I love you for what you are and I hope in future your daughters will also be as loving mothers as you are..

XOXOXO......






8 comments:

  1. Another beautifully written post :) That was a sweet way of giving aunty the break that she wants:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mothers are really superb.But really ur mom is wonderful. kudos to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a really nice post! Kudos to all mothers! I dont know how they manage things the way they do!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog :) and for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u chandana !!! Yup kudos to all Mom's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaww :( but so sweet of you :)
    Second everything :)
    Love,
    Namita <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly! You are so correct...Really wonder how Moms muster up so much strength and the will to do the so many things they do!! They really are the bestest creatures God ever made! :) Another amazing post I could so well connect with! :)

    Your newest follower :) Will catch up with you here often! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D