Wednesday 18 August 2010

Taking Things for Granted


During my years at my native, Life was rosy, People around are friendly, trust worthy, they are not guile. You know if one person says I like you means He/she likes no matter what.. Things were easy and simple... Life never seemed complicated.. I was this girl who had her set of friends who loved and cared and best thing is they have never taken me for granted...

When I stepped into the real world, I had my own apprehensions and expectations.. Reality hit me very strong when I saw people around me changing their colors after seeing freedom and tell you its not just freedom lots of freedom for their very first time ... Boys, Night outs, Drinking and what not... It took me a while as matter of fact one whole year to understand and adjust in this real cruel world, where people are different from what they look and what they speak.. This was the year of revelation.. Where I had a Full Dose of all sorts of disappointments.. Thank God!!! I didn't remain in that stage of shock for a very long time.... God sent an angel in form of a friend whom I will cherish for the rest of my life....

Why am I talking about all this...... That’s the same year when I’ve official started using the line " I hate when people take me for granted" From then on during years of my independent life I’ve made lots of friends , Few very good friends, Few not so good ones, Few who remained and Few who just walked away.
As time passed and as years were adding up to my life of freedom, this particular line was used and over used. And most of the times I used it with friends....... Off late I’ve realized “Most human beings have an absolute and infinite capacity for taking things for granted" There are few incidents which made me think. I received mail from one of my old friends and guess what that person actually has taken me for granted ….. And same was confirmed when I received a call from one of my friend. As you know I am single, my social life is not that great.. May be that’s the reason that people don’t hesitate calling me at any part of the day or night.... Sometimes people make their plans without even asking my availability.... Grrrrrrrr!!!
As I was thinking about how people take me for granted ... I did a self check... How many people do I take for granted? Of all the people in my life there are 3 poor souls whom I don’t hesitate but take them for granted and take decisions on their behalf... One being my sweet little mom ... and darling sisters... I have my defense…………….. Mom is someone whom is manufactured by God with a label on her saying “please take me for granted” :P …. I know it’s not right, but if u don’t take her for granted who else will you????
“There is no substitute for the comfort supplied by the utterly taken-for-grantedrelationship.”
My dear darling sisters are my next scape goats....
My elder sister..... Who successfully had filled in my mom shoes during our years at Chennai... I don’t say she replaced mom.... But she very well played the part of mom, sister and best friend and obviously someone who acts like mom as I told you comes with a label. But here again I want to say I only take decision about very few things like her clothes, her makeup, her hairstyle etc... Next comes my dear and loving younger sister being elder sister is always very confusing. I wonder how my elder sister managed.... I didn't know when to act like mom, when to act like sister and when to act like friend.... I sometimes ended even acting like a nut... My poor little sis... Who is clever and matured has been managing all these years successfully.... I was wondering did they ever complain???
However got to say one thing I have never taken decisions on their behalf about their lives …….. I always think 100 times before I even take decisions on someone’s behalf… or for that matter call anyone at an odd time… I’ve learnt my lesson and I know how it feels if someone takes you for granted so I’ve decided not take anyone for granted…
But how will others know that you should not always take me for granted??????Hmmmmm………….. now that’s a million Dollar question :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D