Wednesday 25 August 2010

My Sweet Tooth :)

These days I ve developed sweet tooth. (Now sweet tooth is not that I’m longing to eat loads and loads of sweets or stuff my mouth with big giant chocolate…;p) Not really!! My sweet tooth is more in particular about cooking something like desserts, some tasty halwa and I don’t mind trying my hand at baking cakes (Now all I need is Oven :p )

Sunday it was raining all day from morning till night... We were so stuck at house watching all the goofy stuff on T.V. Usually Saturday’s and Sundays are the days of bonding … My sister and I spend long hours watching T.V , Shopping, Playing badminton, Going out for lunch or dinner, Catching on missing gossip and chat our way to glory… But this Sunday we didn’t have much to do at hand and it was getting boring… Just then I remembered that I ve got two carrots in the fridge.. So I got up and started making gajar ka halwa … And guess what??? Outcome is not bad at all J Yayyyyy!!!!
I was told by lots of people that my culinary skills are good. I make good, tasty, yummy hot and spicy curries and I ve good number of appreciators and they second it too. And I'm not being modest :P Cooking is one thing which makes me really happy (tell me who will not like appreciation J) Oh!!! that praise never fails to bring that twinkle in my eyes, smile on my face and loads of satisfaction in my heart, which makes me greedy for praise and forces me to cook better next time… All the people who cook will know exactly what I am talking about. :P
When I was young I remember my dad used to make these yummy sweet delicacies custard, gajar ka halwa, beetroot halwa, Rosogulla’s, Gulab jamuns, Chikki and what not …. (He still cooks but now a days he started trying his hand on the recipe stuff which he reads on papers : p) I still remember my dad use to make those big bottles of colorful Rasna during summers. I used to assist him and sometimes I used to make them too. I used to cook Kesar halwa; Rosogulla’s most of the times ... when ever we used to get hungry during those summer holidays Kesar was the best preferred option even my siblings used to enjoy it….. And during the course of time GOK!! how I forgot that I even can make some sweet delicacies.
So I decided to try out my hand on desserts once again and explore the land of desserts J And with the same determination in my heart I went to the store picked up some stuff like custard, gajar, vanilla essence and all …Just to be safe I'm cautiously taking it lil slow … Who knows if I get over confident and the out come is yucky…. :p Now I am off to create a some sweet little magic …. And satisfy my greedy heart with loads of appreciation :D Watch out my cap you are gonna receive a new feather:D Yayyyyyyyy!!! Wish me luck !!!J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D