Monday 19 March 2012

Last week

Last week had been quite a busy week. Actually march is quite an exciting month in our family . We have two big occasions to celebrate Birthday's of two very special and important people in my life. One being  the person who gave birth to me  and other being my lil angel who makes my  life special from the time she is born. Yes B day of my sweet mom and my lil sis..Even though we tried celebrating my Mom's B day from so many years, She likes to keep it simple and quiet.  My sister's B day falls just after 3 days of my mom's.So we have a double celebrations.


 This year my sister was here in Chennai for her big day , so obviously celebrating her B day came on me. Which means test of my culinary skills and creative skills.It gets  very difficult when  everyone can predict what I will do. Cause everyone in my family know me so well and it takes a lot of effort to surprise them.  It easy to go out and dine outside and get done with it. But my mom always gave importance to  family dinning because we rarely get a chance . Which means grilling  myself in kitchen for hours . That's what happened this year too. I have mentally prepared the menu like 2 weeks before . Mentally preparing menu is easy than actually bringing that menu to reality is a huge task.. 

As you know my major obsession is making people feel special and bring a smile on their faces. I started off  a day before itself. I have to put myself in a very tiring schedule added to that there was 10 hours of power cut on that day.  Somehow I ran here and  there to get a gift , order a cake bring some buntings and balloons to decorate. Finally everything was done. My sister was surprised to see the balloons and the decorated room  and there was a smile on her face and she did feel special. Target Achieved !!!  

However another big task was yet to complete , to bring my mentally prepared menu to the actual menu of the day.  Even though my body and time didn't cooperate much but somehow I did bring few of the dishes to reality and one of the major achievement of the day was making Mutton Biryani.. Which I tried it last year on my mom's B day even though my family liked it I was not very happy with the out come . So this year I wanted to do it right.. 

And yes I did make my sister very happy and my dad kissed my hands so on the whole I had a great time last week... 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, wish I was there! The food looks awesome. Seems like you are all set to make one man very lucky and happy someday :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to both and may you have a wonderful time celebrating their birthdays:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god..The food looks soo yummilicious :) Recipes please :) Awesome job on putting everything together to make sweety's day so special :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog!! :) I just happened to stumble upon your blog and i am glad i did! :D You have got a lovely blog here missy!! <3 Happy belated Birthday to your mum and little sister!!
    P.S. --- New Post on my blog too Cherie! <3 Make sure you take out time and give it a look. I'd really appreciate that! Once again -- Lovely blog-post! :)
    If you happen to like it, then maybe we can follow each other?? :)

    Xoxo.
    Surabhi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Cute!! Belated birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are you girl? No post, nothing! Come back with a post soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! No new posts :s How have you been? I hate to cook,, really :( one the things that are healthy and less time consuming ;)

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello? WHere have you been?

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D