Friday 20 January 2012

Keeping up with my blogger friends...

January is the most busiest month of the year.. Its quite busy as expected but unexpected health  twist is taking a toll on my schedule. I have been traveling quite a lot in this year. And I have another two trips scheduled for the next 2 weeks to come. Added to the misery cold waves are making my health unpredictable.Due to my busy schedule and my sickness I was not able to read most of the blogs written by blogger friends on time.. So one fine day when I had time I sat and I was reading post after post, visiting blog after blog and commenting on them .. For a second it looked as if I am back in college preparing for my examination and comments area is my examination paper.



My brother who saw me doing that asked me why was I reading post after post as if someone would punish me if I don't do so. He is dummy and  somehow I don't consider his opinion about my blogging . He was the reason I changed my blog from Lingering Thoughts to Rambling Of A Single Girl. That's an embarrassing story may be I will share it someday .. Now after changing it he still has an issue with the title of the blog. So I don't really mind his comments .. Anyway back to my blogger friends..  So I started to feel the stress to keep up with them.. Previously I used to mindlessly follow many blogs ..  But this time specially I am following very few bloggers , A year and half of blogging made me wise and I am matured now :P I choose very insightful writers and mostly I could relate to their writing. Not only that most of the time they inspire me to write better. So I don't want to miss reading them. Some write a post or two in a week , some write a daily post. I don't want to be the last one to comment..

I don't have many followers Thank God for that (Not that I don't like followers ;) please take the hint :p ) Because I feel that I have a moral responsibility ( I know that's a big word to use) to visit their blogs and comment on them . Not only them there are few regular bloggers (loyal) who are not my followers but still they take their time out and read my post and comment without fail which actually encourages me to write more and better. And I  value  them. So  I want to show my loyalty but I don't like commenting without reading the post. I feel that's rude and cheat . Don't you think so?? I personally don't like people doing that. I tried keeping a track of their blogs by adding them to the blog roll , But I still miss out sometimes .What really  surprises how people who have 50 to few hundred followers keep up with their blogger friends..  Is there a way or a technique? What's the secret? How do you keep up with your blogger friends ????



PLEASE HELP !!!


19 comments:

  1. No secret, just a will to keep up and be involved :)

    And I like 'Lingering Thoughts':(

    And do take care and have fun on your trips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u . I will take care :D..Even I like Lingering thoughts.. But who will tell my brother :(

      Delete
  2. You now what. I can copy and paste this entire post onto my blog :) :)
    I have also at times followed random bloggers, I also feel a moral responsibility to visit the blogs of people who are visiting me regularly and i do so as well but sometimes I do get tired of commenting so there will be days when I do not comment on any of the blogs but then I get beck in gear after some time :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You manage pretty well purvi.. U are quite regular.. I wish I could be like u

      Delete
  3. Sometimes even I lose touch with many blogs, but then I do get back on hem. It happens :)
    Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I don't feel left out.. I have company :D Thanks for visiting my blog :D

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet and honest post:) Believe me things are same here too!I have been traveling so much and am trying hard to keep up with fellow blogger and their posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u... Hmmm... I know.. Hope u are having fun time traveling .. :D

      Delete
  5. I try and visit as many blogs as I can of the people who follow me and comment on my blog. I don't think there is any secret. You just need to make time for it :) I love reading and exploring blogs so I definitely keep visiting my favorite ones again and again!

    ♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Chandana.. Yup time is the key :D

      Delete
  6. ha! This is something that goes on my head every now and then! My tip would be to bookmark the blogs into two categories..Blogs I love and Blogs I like..And prioritize the blogs accordingly! But i definitely try to visit the ppl who comment on my bog more frequently than the other blogs ;) I am biased that way! Love your spontaneous posts like these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you vale... I am following u too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babe first and foremost thanks for the help with my reply thingy :D You are a Life Saver :D And great tip.. Need to try book marking.. Hmmm guess every one is biased about the people who comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I'm the right person to advise you. Look at how irregular I've been these past 2 weeks. But yes, I followed a lot of pointless blogs earlier. Now I only read what I like. It keeps me sane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup read something which keeps us sane is the major thing

      Delete
  10. You make a very valid point.

    Its actually almost impossible to be almost on track with everything you want to/should read. The very wandering nature of WWW make it difficult even when you do take out time to spend to catch up on you reading. There is soooo much out here it. I guess its just quality of writing and more than that similar thinking that would take you back to a blog or a writer that you read, liked and followed. Pretty much like buying a repeat work of a writer (with published books) that you like reading.

    Any e-Reader with planner & updates options is one thing that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E reader and planner is also a great option. And yes I agree the quality of ones writing is what makes me go back...

      Delete
  11. That is a wonderful post, girl! You know I was thinking of writing one on the same lines, and these were my thoughts exactly. Trust me, I'm not kidding. It makes a lot more sense to read the blogs/posts that you can relate to, than mindlessly read blogs so that they will read you back :) Very mature post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks sumitra.. Thank you for following me :D

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D