Saturday 14 January 2012

The grown up monkey's

When we were kids , around 7 years and odd I remember  dad dressing us up at night with sweaters and monkey caps  (the cute ones) to bed not only that he used to tuck us all in proper woolen blankets. We all used to sleep cozy in a huge king sized bed  with mom and dad (Definitely the best days of life. Now I cant even imagine all of us in the same bed). Anyways dad used to make sure that not even an inch is left uncovered, because if one of the kids fell sick rest of the 3 will just follow... Even after such care when dad used to get up in the middle of the night to check on us, we used to kick off the blanket throw away the cap and remove the sweater.. So my dad decided to get us men wala monkey caps like this one (pic below) which was tough to get rid off ..




They say history repeats itself and it is so true.. My new born niece obviously will have our traits, refuses to have any cover on her head.. My sis tries to slip it on while she is sleeping, but somehow with her tiny little  hands she manages to push it away..My parents now grand parents  got worried , so dad decided to use his tired and tested idea of monkey cap.. Since my sis is in UK, Dad decided to send it to her . So along with other traditional gifts he went and bought a monkey cap. Much to our surprise he got another two for me and my sister.. When he showed it to us, first we went awwww.. How sweet ! We even planted a kiss on his cheek ,but when he told us to use it, we looked at each other and gave a no way look..How can we do such fashion blunder. Its not girly!!  We even went on saying Dad... its not meant for girls... But then we didn't want to hurt him.. So we thought lets use it once to please him and then we will hide it some place where no one could ever reach. But guess what ...?After we wore it once it felt so nice , warm and cozy, that now if you peep into our bedroom in the night .. You will find two grown up monkey's on the bed.. :D


16 comments:

  1. Awwww. That is so sweet. It never got cold enough for monkey caps in Mumbai. But my folks were as paranoid about us catching some infection in the rainy season. I hated my raincoat & gum boots but HAD TO wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Sweet post as Gayatri said!parents shower so much of affection that no one else can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet...papas are such cute beings :) :)
    we never wore the monkey caps but then always had a laugh when saw papa wearing them in chilly winters :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute! :) Dads are the best. I can't wear them 'coz I find it so itchy on my face.

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sweet of your dad! I never wore monkey caps because I used to feel suffocated when I wore them! I need some space around my face.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww..that is such a sweet post :)Loved it! So sweetof dad :) Dads are the best and we will always be their little girls no matter how old we get :) I remember monkey caps but I never could wear them because they always made my hair go static and it made me itchy on my face:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @gayatri I think everyone will have something which they hated to wear but simply do so because of parents .. Mine was monkey caps.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rahul Bhatia so true.. No one else in the world can shower so much of love :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Purvi yup paps's the cute beings..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Tanvi dad's are definitely the BEST ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @TheGirlAtFirstAvenue I used to feel the same.. But I came up with an alternative which covers only my ears and head , but not the face... :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Natasha thank you babe.. Dads are simply the best! Monkey caps has that effect on hair yes ... and yes it gets itchy on the face so... we roll it up so that we don't have the cap the face. When u roll it .. It looks stylish , not geekish and its 2 times more warmer... :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww..such a cute post <3

    We are always kids for our parents.

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww..such a cute post <3

    We are always kids for our parents.

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was an actual 'aww' post :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Megha Sarin ... so true .. :D
    @Uruj .. Thank you dear :D

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D