Wednesday 14 September 2011

The Cetirizine effect


 I was in my home town.We were having a very tight schedule. My parents organized a Thanks Giving prayer on a sunday evening and we were also traveling to chennai . Sunday for Christians is no holiday, it is as busy as a week day. So after morning service we reached home around 12:00 in the afternoon had lunch by 3. And took an hour's nap when I got up maid was cleaning my room. To gain some brownie points she tried to doing some dusting in my room. Dust is like an open invitation to cold. that's it I started sneezing. I thought it ll stop after sometime but after an hour my nose was red and I was tired sneezing. I tried using all household nuska's  (remedies) because at 6 we have people / guest coming in for Thanksgiving prayer.  In usual case I would have poped my jadooi tablet and sleep like sleeping beauty for few hours.

But this time I couldn't do that. I was so angry on my maid that I almost thought of a murdering her. After continuous sneezing and almost running out of tissues and using all hand kerchief's in the house. I decided to use my Thilimisi (magical) tablet. Within minutes my sneezing stopped. But the most important thing after taking that medicine is to sleep. Since guest started coming already I was not able to do that.Almost all the event I was drowsy. During the service my dad asked me for a paper. I was lazy to go on paper hunt. I peeped into my handbag and found a paper and handed it to him after I was done with that I saw there are so many unwanted papers lying in my bag. so took all of them teared them and later threw them in the dustbin.                        

Successfully I was awake all through the prayer. By the time all our guest left it was 9:45. My mom saw my position and she said go to bed but before that she wanted me to check out train time. I looked for the ticket in my bag and I realized that my ticket was in the bunch of papers I tore. When I told my family what I have done, everyone couldn't help but ask scream at me for my foolishness. All I could say was I'm feeling so drowsy. Thank God for E ticket. We took another print out and we were good to go. Between all this drama of screaming about foolishness it was already time for us to leave.

We (my sister and I) said our bye's to mom and dad and brother drove us to the Railway Station. Our train was at 12:25 and  because  of mom continuous nagging we always go at least half an hour early to station. We were waiting for the train and during the conversation my sister asked for the berth numbers. I reached for my handbag and guess what I don't  have one with me. My sister almost lost it.How can anyone forget their handbag? Thank God for my brother! He drove back home , obviously in full speed, almost having a heart attack in the process. Somehow he reached on time.. But when my brother screamed at me .What on earth was I doing... All I could do was blame it on cetirizine :p

6 comments:

  1. haha..That was a funny post! Not once but twice..Wow..How many tablets DID you pop in? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. the weiredest night we had. Love Sweety

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you get better soon! cute blog:):)
    following you

    ReplyDelete
  4. @natasha .. I just had one.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sweety .. that was a really weird night . Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jahn hey thanks for following me :D

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D