Friday 12 August 2011

Intentionally Blind



We have heard and seen people blind , partial blind, color blind, snow blind, night blind etc etc.. All these kinds of blindness belongs to visual disorder or impairment. Which sometimes are caused by genetic problems, diabetes,Clouding of the eye lenses, vitamin deficiency etc.. When I see people of this kind I feel sad and obviously a sense of pity rises in my heart.. few of these vision issues can be cured with eyeglasses, contact lenses, medicine or surgeries...
However today I'm not writing about Blind people. I do have a soft corner for all these above mentioned categories and May the Good Lord help them... But the kind of vision disorder I am writing about will be clearly understood after you read the conversation which I was having with
one of my acquaintance. I don't want to generalize that person by calling her a friend ... Our conversation went on something like this:



Me: Hi dear, How are you? How is your dear husband and your bundle of joy?
Acquaintance :Hey ! Very Good da.. How are you?
Me: Good
Acquaintance : Wow why less activity on FB
Me: Not really I'm active just that I use twitter more these days..
Acquaintance : Thought you must be busy travelling
Me: Hmmm I do a lot of shuffling from here and there...
so how old is your sweetie pie?
Acquaintance : 1.2 months da
Me: Oh wow.. How was her first birthday party? Came to know you guys had a get to gather...Didn't you upload pics?
Acquaintance : No da I'm planning to delete my FB account
Me: Huh?? ( 1st symptom of Intentional Blindness -- but thought she must be guilty that she forgot to invite me ... 1st symptom forgiven) so what about the party ??
Acquaintance : So where are u now?
Me: Chennai Yeah I love to travel alone and hey God willing I might travel to see my sister (In UK excited ) :D
Acquaintance : girl you really patient to travel so many times
Me: Hmmm... (no signs of addressing my UK trip maybe she didnt read it)
Acquaintance : I just cant imagine me doing that..
Me: Huh!!! Hey I'm going to UK
Acquaintance : no reply
Me: waiting for a reply
Me: 5 mins of waiting....... ( Intentional blindness confirmed)
Me: Ok then give my regards to every one .. take care bye :)
Acquaintance : Bye da take care

This is the first time I have realized that they are people who actually suffer with this kind of vision disorder.. Now I dont have to explain why this kind of disorder occurs or happens... We are too clever to understand ..Usually the later kind of disorder can be cured with eyeglasses , contact lenses and surgeries.. Now I don't have a clue about the cure of this disorder.. I really want to help my acquaintance but ....

May God Only cure her...

3 comments:

  1. Hey..Love the look of this new blog :) Hoping this would inspire you to write more ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, i am sure so many can relate to this one. happens so many times. its just the weirdest feeling. I knw u sd u wanted to help this acquaintance but... haha trust me they behave like that and are very aware of it...so we can do the least.
    very nice post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thank u Nitsvitz I know we cannot help them.. However we can only hope for them to cure :P

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D