Friday 24 August 2012

Left Over Really???

Today I was reading news paper I found something really interesting. Actually kinda funny in an annoying way. Of all the marital status we have like spinster, bachelor, married, divorced, widow/er and our new age status like single, committed, engaged, complicated etc there is this new marital status called "Left Over" .

Yup "Left Over" you heard it right... China has come up with something which is a terrible way of describing a single women above the age of 27. It called "Sheng nu" Or "Left Over".  Seriously!!!. The Chinese government has a definition of the term also . Sheng Nu are the women who are highly educated , earns a high income and they have high I .Q level. They are good looking,  however  they have high expectation or demands when choosing their spouses. Yup right!  I guess there is no other disgusting way of calling a single women like that. Fortunately or unfortunately I fall in that category.



In India a girl who is single at her late 20's are tortured with most annoying questions and looks. I already wrote about my glebntried syndrome here ,so I don't talk about it again. As if curious questions and annoying looks were not enough that they came up with such an amazing status wow ! Way to go ! Phew ! I can rant pages about how  cruel and heartless it is to call women left overs . But I don't want to do so. Some women stay single out of choice. being single is not a condition but a way of life. Some women don't find their soul mates, Some are too busy following their dreams. You cannot decide about a woman's choice, and label them left overs.

As for me I have lot of things to do in my life, lot to achieve  and lot to pursue. If love comes knocking my door I will welcome it with my arms open but till than I am happy being a Left Over " Single"

4 comments:

  1. Hello! :) Thank you tons for the lovely comment on my blog, I am still smiling big :D Your blog template makes me so nostalgic, I was using this when I first started :)
    PS: Nice post :) Nobody needs to be a 'Left Over' :|
    PPS: You have a wonderful blog here, following you :) Visit me soon :)
    Love,
    Namita <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You returned with a bang! I think the choice to remain single or otherwise is a personal decision:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya!! Love ur blog template and good to see u back. :) And yes ur decision is right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The template is sure very lively and the writing fresh. I would say the society is changing with their streotype approach to singletons, however I guess its still a long way from where we start to respect individual choice. Nice piece.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D