Wednesday 22 February 2012

How much is too much & How much is not much

Continuing with Valentines Friendship day. As I told you I received a lot of calls on that day which continued on 15th and 16th as well. On 14th I received a call from my friend with whom I almost lost touch from years . We had our normal conversation .Later in our conversation he told me that he got married and was sorry for not inviting  and informing me. I like a lady showed utmost modesty and forgave him for his dreadful mistake and continued catching up. Later on that day I told my sisters about the call  and  about  the marriage and stuff the 1st thing they asked was who is the girl? Is it a Love marriage or Arranged ? etc etc..  I blinked  for a while, tried to recollect my conversation with him  but I don't remember asking anything like that. I remember congratulating him that's it. Next day when my other friend called ( lets call her Ms V she lives in US)  (BTW who keeps in touch on a regular basis) I told her about the call and even she asked similar questions .. that made me realize that I am not inquisitive at all leave alone inquisitive I don't even ask general questions.


I will tell u one more interesting / may be weird thing about me.. Ms V  who calls  me twice a week sometimes thrice a week we talk for a minimum 3-4 hours, knows in and out about me. Like from breakfast to my deep dark secrets I don't  have much ,I live a  kinda bland life .  When I went  to her house to meet her mom one day. She like any curious mom was asking me about her daughter. Normal friends share stuff about their personal lives right. But I was blinking..I  didn't know what to say. yeah I did tell something .....
The other day I  was chatting with one of my sister's classmate and I was answering all her questions  but I don't remember asking one. I did ask how are you?  and the normal greetings stuff. May be I think I am good with answering questions not asking questions.

Just when I was thinking I lack something I should ask more questions on 16th I got a call from my BFF who is btw is also my aunt (in relation not in age ) . If  she knows I am telling the world that she is my aunt  she would  kill me :p hahaha. We had our normal conversation I asked about her, her husband  her family and her kids (yeah she has two) She was telling about one of our classmate who needed some help . So I asked her to call her . But my BFF was not interested in calling her. It was so unlike her , when  I asked her why she is reacting like this . She told that classmate of mine is way to inquisitive unlike me.  And she loves and appreciates this quality of mine. I am not very curious or nosy or inquisitive even though we are related.


So that means I am fine the way I am right??? 


Now I am in dilemma How much is too much and How much is not much??? 


27 comments:

  1. Love these observational posts that you come up with..So true, right? I hate too-inquisitive people too, but when I ask questions, I feel I am not being 'too' inquisitive, you know what I am saying ;) As long as you don't cross the invisible line, I think you should be good! But because we normally don't know the 'line' , it's better to NOT ask too many questions just to be on the same side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean.. thin line is very thin indeed.. I know with friends you can ask anything but you should not push them harder to answer it. But I have a manufacturing defect. I don't ask question at all. So I know I am always on the safer side :D

      Delete
  2. :-)TRy not to worry too much about what others think about you....LIfe will be a lot easier that way..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I don't really bother what people think of me.. Here I am bothered more about me, than what people think about me :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet post:) Not being a nosy parker is nice:) Also, ignorance is a bliss sometimes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. yeah true Ignorance is bliss :D

      Delete
  5. Well, even i m like that. Its just that these days i dont give out too much coz i dont want to feel as if everybody knows everything abt me and i dunno anything abt anybody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I try not to give out everything these days.. But its tough..:D

      Delete
  6. I dont like too-inquisitive people too...Happy as I am :)
    Thanx for your lovely comment !!

    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome.. Even I get really annoyed with inquisitive rather nosy ones :D

      Delete
  7. its good to ask the questions but on right time right question
    its difficult task
    nice thoughtful artifule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .. To the right is surely a difficult task :D

      Delete
  8. haha.. I am just like you. I don't share much and I don't ask others to share either. There were so many instances when I talked with an old friend after a gap of many years.. and after the call when my mom asked 'so where does she work' or something like that, I would be blank!!!
    As long as you don't come across as extremely reserved or extremely inquisitive, I guess its okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are sailing in the same boat... so true if dont ask much people tend to tag u as reserved.. :D

      Delete
  9. Thank God ! someone said I am fine.. I started to doubt now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just be the way you want to be :)
    No matter what people think, sometimes its better to be quiet than ask uncomfortable question :|
    Great post sweetie :)
    Love,
    Namita <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .. that's a great advice dear.. :D

      Delete
  11. Thank you for following me ... will visit ur blog soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is a thin line between nosy and interested :D The other person may knows the LoC. Sadly there is no way to be aware of such cross borders :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. so true.. we should have a personal check on urself that u don't cross the invisible line

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe....I am exactly like you! Someone tells me something and that is it! I never ask 'why? how? really?' and while having phone conversations I feel like banging the person's head who keeps on asking 'What else? Ayr kya?' when the conversation is over and I have nothing to talk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's the most annoying thing .. what else .. you almost loose interest to talk. Its like a turn off..

      Delete
  15. I too have that problem. I am very very bad at asking questions. I don't really get the topic on which I should question people :P!! But I guess in a way it is good because like your friend said it wouldn't be nosy and indulging into other's lives!
    Loved your blog. It looks so girly and I loved the pink used :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you writing bee... glad someone find me normal :D

      Delete
  16. It's fine the way you are, really. There are too many nosy people in this world and ones like you are needed to balance things out :) My personal peeve are people who are not only nosey but expect you to tell them every little detail of your life, or else they will be mad . :D So please, be the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you sumitra for reassuring :D

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D