Friday 3 February 2012

4 things I would go back and change

Regret is too big of a word I thought I would never use in my life. Because I believe that what ever happens is only for our good and at a later point of life we would realize and be grateful for it. But today a thought struck me after picking up my snaps (alliance wale ) from the studio. I don't understand whats the funda behind this stupid professional I mean  the "studio photographs" typical standing like a stone, as if we live in some 1960's. I bet they would have had a better way to find alliance.I  hate or should I say detest even the thought of it.. But after the endless arguments with my dad and emotional blackmail.I gave up. Phew!! I thought arrange marriages were not that bad.. But after going through all this so called nautanki (drama) I regret to choose arranged marriage... Phew !!

 If only God gives me a chance to go back and change few things, to be precise 4 things in my life I think I would not be facing this day and this drama....


First and foremost I would like to go back to my childhood , like when I was 2 , and would tell my  grand mother to slap me tight and make me eat everything which includes greens and other healthy stuff other than sugar .. Only if she would have done that I would have not lacked vitamins especially Vitamin A and not have a skin which is allergic to almost everything and anything . And would have a flawless skin like my sisters. (Please don't imagine me like a human dalmatian )Which unfortunately is "The" most important thing being flawless and fair .. grrrrrr

 



Then I would go back to my school days when I was trying to pick an educational stream and would tell me my dad to lecture me I mean counsel me to follow the trend and pushed me to join either engineering or medical bandwagon. Because being different and not following  the trend will  not get  you a good husband,. because all they see is a BE, BTech, Msc degree. Even if the girl has a close resemblance to monkey in the zoo and dresses like joker in the ring, that certificate would  fetch her a NRI husband.





And my next stopover would be after my first job . Here I wish God would have given  me enough brains or sent some angel  and stopped me from making the biggest blunder of my life.. Changing from good and  most happening travel industry to an idiotic quick buck earning industry BPO.Even If I try to forgive myself and forget about this blunder of mine , but this question still haunts me and will haunt me for the rest of my life .It keeps confronting me  each and every time I attend an interview or when meet someone who is a prospective family.  I don't understand why they assume that girls who working in BPO are characterless and No:1 bitches.The minute I tell them I worked in BPO you have to watch the expression ... grrrrrrrrrrr





 Then I would go back to the day when a guy who loved me madly proposed and I point blankly refused on his face and gave him the official worst day of his life... You moron ! what were you even thinking you brainless,mindless lunatic. You know what He is now happily married , well settled with kids. Only if I had given a thought ! tch tch ! Now all you can do is see those cute and sweet pics of his family on Facebook.. :(  Saying yes you would have avoided  escaped this inexpressibly torture.

If only I did the right at the right time . Things would be different .. But Alas! 

What are things you would like to go back and change if u were given a chance ?

28 comments:

  1. I always pondered what it would be like if I woke up one day and I was 3 again. Except I had all the memories from my adulthood. I could also pass with high marks in all my classes, get a license ASAP, warn my father about the cancer that eventually killed him, and fixed every mistake I ever made. That would be an interesting life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah wish every one gets a chance to go back and change all the mistakes we have done. I am sorry about ur father..

      Delete
  2. Hope you get all that you want in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Awwww'....for the fourth one, 'Grrrr'.....for the third one and 'Yes, elders should have done something back then' for the second and first one but all the best for future:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you said at the start of the post.. Everything happens for our own good. But the 'good' will happen only if you let go of regrets :)
    I pray that you get everything you wished for in life and stay happy!

    Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
    ♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you CD :D Its not even elders mistake actually they allow us to follow our heart.. I didn't anticipate the outcome of following my heart will be this bad lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sensitive post .. :)


    Ioana of Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was supposed to be funny post but now after reading ur comment I think I couldn't agree more

      Delete
  7. Been there done that :) Trust me if you're only at the snaps stage the fun has only just begun ... Not long back, my family blackmailed me to meet one on the families who was introduced to me through this pic of a beautiful girl standing next to a flower vase resting on a beautifully carved marble corner .. I made sure my entire conversation in that meeting circled around the marble corner, the vase and ended with me vehemently blaming them of trying to conceal their true instinctual/artistic mindset of their daughter by sharing pics of a corner stand & a vase that they don't own .. Needless to say I was never asked to go to any such meeting again,, was saved the trauma of arranged marriage as i was declared a loon in the community of girls parents and that girl and me are good friends till date :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting story.. Never got to that level though. Hmmmm lets see :D

      Delete
  8. I can so relate to your post and find it amusing and serious at the same time! I wish you all the happiness in future, no matter what is the final outcome! You have already said that whatever happens , happens for our best and I am a firm believer of that too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that you found post amusing that was the real idea behind it :) Thank you for ur wishes. And I still believe everything happens for our good . :D

      Delete
  9. Well wudnt we all love to go back and change things and events in the past...liked reading the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True ! everyone wishes to go back and change but we never get a chance though :D

      Delete
  10. Life's hard but you still gotta live it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it all. http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaww sweetie :* Life is not always sour :) It all depends on how you look at it ^_^
    You got a great writing style! :)
    Following you :)
    Visit mine sometime :)
    Love,
    Namita <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks sweetheart .. check out ur blog too quite cute ....

    ReplyDelete
  14. so true.. learn to take in our stride is the key :D Thank you ashwini for a lovely comment and following my blog.. welcome to rambling.. Hope I wont bore u much :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are so many things I'd go back and change but I try so hard not to think about things like that. Simply because I can only move forward...

    Doesn't make it any easier though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes its easier that way ameena :D

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D