Tuesday 12 July 2011

Funny yet so true :D

The Good book says.." So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?" mat 6:31. but unfortunately we as girls do not abide to God's words. We don't even think that we are actually breaching God's commandment. In this busy and superficial world all girls / women think about is, what to eat and what to wear. . A typical women or shall we call (married women) gets up in the morning thinking about what she will be cooking for breakfast, lunch and dinner etc, A middle aged women gets up thinking how less and healthy can she eat so that she will not add on calories and what colors should I wear to look thin , A teenager gets up thinking how should I dress up that I look different yet chic.




We are the only species(which includes me) who can worry about what to wear for a cousin's wedding , for a dinner, for a trip ,for an interview and so on... The list doesn't stop there it extends to hair ,shoes,bags and other accessories. No wonder that a wife occupies almost 3/4 space of the wardrobe.

We shop almost every alternate week ,but when there is upcoming occasion like a party or a wedding the most common line we hear is OMG I don't have anything to wear and run to store to grab a new one. If we are questioned by the other gender that you have so many dresses in wardrobe why don't you pick one ? Our usual reply would be Oh I have already wore it once and I don't want to repeat it :P Now we have another good excuse. I have already uploaded pics with that dress on FB every one had already seen it.( As if the world is only concerned about what you are wearing) ;) Its not in, My friend has a similar dress, I don't want to look like a clone. But we don't mind repeating a similar dress which that famous celebrity wore .. Ufff As a matter of fact we can even write a book about 1001 reason's why a girl wants to shop.
Clothes is not all we think about, we even think about food. It might be for various reasons, just for a regular day, or let it be for diet purpose. We try every trick in book just to loose a few calories minding and counting every calorie that goes into the mouth. Not only that now a days it has become a fashion to eat in the most famous "food joint". Oh! have you been to that blah blah restaurant? There the ambiance is so classy, Did you try that Thai food joint? Oh! I have only healthy food like salads, green tea... Sometimes we poor souls put God only knows what and all just to prove that we have tried cuisine of a different country. When I am thinking about all this I burst into laughter. It may sound funny but we women really get so stressed about all this and now that I'm talking all this another verse from the Good book comes in mind ---Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Mat 6:27 May be that's why we women have higher risk of dying than men.. Very funny but its so true :P

As I'm writing all this using one part of my brain ,another part is busy thinking about what to shop for my upcoming trip. ;) LOL!

6 comments:

  1. haha..Funny and profound at the same time..Everytime I read that verse I vow never to be so superficial again, and the minute I open my closet, I have the same statement of 'OMG, I have nothing to wear'. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess every believer has the same issue but when we open our closet our christian heart is taken over by the girl's heart :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha nice one again. i have read all your posts by now. one night i wasn't sleepy and this is what i did. like your view points and writing...good luck..gotta learn from all you bloggers:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nitsvitz thank u.. U for reading all my post.. hope they bore u much :D And thank u for following me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey if they would be boring, i couldn't have read through them! really liked them:) btw where is your new post?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @nitsvitz: I ve posted a new one.. Hope you will enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my rambling... feel free to comment. Do come back to hear some more chaotic stories of a single girls life :D